Sunday, April 10, 2011

Did a little woodturnng


I finally found time to do a little woodturning, Some years ago I bought a hour glass with the intentions of turning the wood for making hour glass clock. For one reason or another I never got around to making it until about a month ago. It looked simple to make but it there was more to making it than meets the eye.


I did make a mistake that I can not explain why I did it except to say I just got unusually careless. The spacing for the spindles is not right and I failed to notice it before I drill the holes and even then I did not notice it. It sure was obvioius and I don't see how I could have overlooked it. It not noticable in the picture of it but I will correct it by making the tops over again, dumb me.


Hope to find more time to do at least a little more woodturning after all that is why I bought a new midi lathe.




No comments: