Thursday, August 2, 2012





 I didn’t have a specific route in mind so I just went on some roads to see where they went. Well I sort of had in mind to ride towards Health Springs the long way. After a while I came to the conclusion I was lost. So I switch my iphone to mapping to see where I was. To my dismay I was actually going in opposite direction that I thought I was going. So much for my sense of direction.
I finally recognized a dirt road that road last year and wrote a story about it in my blog. It was a shortcut back to home but it was not a road to be riding a road bike on. So I decided to turn around and go back the way I came.  Unfortunely turning around proved to be a little disastrous for me.  I got into some loose rocks and down I went. I remember thinking this was going to hurt. I laid down for a few minutes while I examined my body to see what damage I had done to it. Thank goodness that all I had is some skin rash on my elbow and knee, nothing bad. My big worry was did I damage my bike and the good news is that I didn’t.
Well I finish riding28.24miles and ascended 799 feet which is about half what I will have to do in the 


The link provided below will open up Google Earth and show you my bike ride I did today.

http://share.abvio.com/58c9/7cee/4ebd/f17d/Cyclemeter-Cycle-20120802-0903.kml

No comments: