Friday, April 23, 2010

This is wooden turn box made from Cypress wood. I stain with blue gel stain. This is the first piece that I have made that I did not leave in it natural color. Cypress is not all that pretty of wood in it natural state. It looks really good to me when it is stained.


This is my last wood turning that I have made. Actually I finished it about a month ago but just now getting around to posting it on my blog.

I saw a piece that was made very much like this and like it so well that I had to make one similar to it for myself.

I not really into doing much wood turning now. I am not inspired to do anything now. The lid can come off this piece as well to allow things to be stored inside of it. However I really did not make this to be functionally, just decorated.

No comments: