Monday, September 15, 2008

Starting a OT woodturnng (Ornamental) today

Today I started a OT turning (Ornamental). OT turning is a little more complex than conventional turning. I use a Ornamental cutting attachment to cut designs in the Bowl or whatever I am making.

This is a picture of the setup I used to cut the OT design in the side of the Bowl. It not much now as there is still a lot of work left to do. If you click on each picture they will expand for a better view.






This is a close up showing the OT design in the side of the unfinish bowl. Still have some sanding to do on the side.


Tomorrow I will take the OT attachment off and remount the bowl to turn the inside out. After the inside is turn more OT designs will be cut on the inside of the bowl.
I will post more pictures of the progress in making this OT Bowl. Stay tune more to come.





This is another OT bowl I recently made and posted a picture of it in my last blog. I just thought I would add it again in this blog so you would know it is a OT design in the side of the bowl.

No comments: