Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Second day working on making A OT Bowl

Day two working on making a OT Bowl. Had a time today making the design on the inside of the Bowl. There is a plate on the OT turning attachment that has three rows of holes in it. These holes are used to space the cutter so it will cut the design that I came up with using a computer.

The OT attachment has a pin that is put the the holes on the plate needed to get the spacing right. Once the cut is made then the Plate is rotated to another hole so another cut can be made over and over again until the pattern is completely cut. This is repetitouos and if I lose count I screw it up.

Well I can't count so good and screwed it up. I screw up the second time because I forgot to position the pin to the right hole pattern. Luckily I salvage it by just changing the design which allow me to continue using the same hole pattern.
The above picture was taken just after I finish cutting the design in the bottom of the bowl

This pictures shows the design in the bottom of the bowl and the design on the side that I did yesterday.














This a close up view of the pattern that I cut in the botton of the bowl. I had planned on cutting more designs in the bowl but the shape I chose to use for this bowl did not lend itself to doing any more OT designs on it.

The next step is to do a little more sanding then put sanding sealer on and it will be ready to put lacquer on it which I am doing now.. Hope it looks as good completed as I think it will.


Well tomorrow is clean up day when I am through with that I have to pack up to head back to Charleston so I can go to Walterboro to put some more turnngs there. This OT Bowl will have to wait until I get back for me to finish it.

No comments: