Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tour de Roundo


Tour de Roundo is another bicycle charity ride that I have ridden in since it began about 5 years ago. For me it was a little more than a charity ride it is the only bike tour where I actually raced everyone to the finish. I finish in first place 3 out of the 4 times I raced in it. The one time I lost was after I injured my leg and I was not strong enough to be a contender that year.This year would have been my 5th try but I will miss it this year just as I did the MS150 charity bike ride.

When I live in Charleston it was not that far to go to Roundo SC where the event is held but it is too far since I am in Lancaster now and much too expensive for fuel for me to do it this year. It is one of the best charity bicycle events I have ever had the honor of doing.

I will miss being there this year but hopefully I can do it next year.

No comments: